Since the beginning of the camp in 1962 volunteers have played a crucial role. Prior to 1980 virtually everything that was accomplished at the camp was initiated and often implemented by volunteers. Clearing land, planting, cleaning, building, helping out and leading were all done by willing volunteers. It would be impossible to go back and find out how many volunteer hours have gone into developing Hidden Acres facilities, programs and ministries.
While there are now paid staff filling roles at camp, volunteers are still an essential ingredient in maintaining an effective ministry. In addition, over the years we have been blessed to receive many hand-made quilts and comforters to use in our retreat centre guestrooms.
- Serve on the Board of Directors
- Committee Positions:
* Chicken BBQ
* Seniors’ Retreat
* Building Community Retreat
- Bring a small group for general or seasonal clean-up
- Participate in ongoing casual voluntary service (e.g. give a day or a part of a day on a regular basis)
- Grounds maintenance and lawn mowing
If you have time to give, contact the camp and we’ll let you know if we have something you can help with! Many hands make light work.
Rockway Mennonite Collegiate students serving at Hidden Acres for their Envirathon-Servathon.